Earls Colne, Essex
Manufacturing Plant Manager
As Manufacturing Plant Manager for the Essex facility, you will be responsible for the end-to-end manufacturing process from contract review through to test inspection and dispatch. With strong experience in lean manufacturing, you will reliably meet customer and business expectations in terms of SHE, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People. Through embedding excellence in processes and people culture, you will make this facility highly competitive worldwide.
This is an exciting time to join Pulsar Measurement and the wider TASI Group. Pulsar Manufacturing has built an enviable reputation based on our customer-centric ethos, which means Pulsar Manufacturing continues to attract a growing global customer presence. TASI, our parent group, formed in 1999, has successfully grown companies that consistently deliver world-class products and services, focusing on our global customer needs in diverse market segments. TASI's high repeat customer rate is due to an ability to remain close to our customers reinforced by providing local service and complete engineered solutions and problem-solving.
Join us on this exciting journey.
Based at our Earls Colne, Essex Manufacturing facility you will lead an 80 plus manufacturing team. Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsible for managing the entire manufacturing facility, people, processes, and day-to-day production operation.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining a current Manufacturing strategy, plan, and implementation tracker to monitor and communicate progress.
- Responsible for the purchasing and Inventory strategy ensuring the availability of the correct materials to optimise production runs and minimising the cost of stocking.
- Accountable for supporting TASI supply chain initiatives to manage risk, control costs, and rationalize the level of vertical integration.
- Accountable for the Health, Safety, and Well-being of the employees working within the manufacturing facility.
- Accountable for managing the manufacturing plant P&L in line with the annual budget and strategic business growth target.
- Responsible for controlling operational, material, and labour costs to ensure the plant remains competitive in the electronics manufacturing market.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, maintaining, and retaining a high-functioning cross-trained team.
- Responsible for embedding a lean manufacturing process and culture that will optimise efficiencies and throughput whilst minimising waste.
- Accountable for delivering high-quality manufactured components and products that are tested and shipped to meet confirmed delivery schedules.
- Responsible for managing and reporting departmental metrics while driving continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality while reducing costs and lead-times.
- Responsible for Managing the Receiving and Shipping Departments to ensure inventory is properly received into the system and shipped to the customer safely and on-time.
- You possess the track record in manufacturing with the relevant and current acumen that enables you to quickly drive best practice with a willingness to be hands-on.
- With a relevant Degree or MBA level of education or equivalent experience in a manufacturing role.
- You are commercially astute with experience in managing a profitable P&L.
- You are highly dedicated, motivated, energised, and lead by example.
- You understand how to motivate and engage a cross-functional team and have experience in improving people engagement and performance.
- You are conversant in using current ERP systems, with experience in the successful implementation of Epicor or a similar ERP system.
- You are conversant and/or qualified in Lean, Six Sigma, or both.
- You are experienced in KanBan and Just in Time working practises.
- You can demonstrate success as a positive change agent in the rollout of people and process programmes.
- You can quickly carry out root cause analysis and then drive the necessary people process and system improvements with the required degree of urgency.
- You possess the necessary people skills to recruit, motivate and retain a flexible workforce.
- You are a natural problem solver who can quickly understand, identify, and permanently resolve process failures turning them quickly into process improvements.
- You are an analytical thinker who is able to schedule, plan, and direct with a keen focus on delivering product 'on quality', 'on cost', and 'on time'.
- You are results and quality orientated, and maintain a rigorous H&SE environment.
What's on offer?
Base salary of £60,000 to £70,000 + Bonus + Car
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, 25 days annual leave allowance as standard, an enhanced flexi annual leave scheme, and a death-in-service benefit.
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace where all employees feel respected, valued, and able to achieve their full potential is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, but it's also good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities, and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.
Application deadline: March 12, 2021