What is Encapsulation?
Encapsulation, also known as potting is the process of encasing the printed circuit board (PCB), or parts of it, in a resin. This protective resin serves multiple purposes, including shielding sensitive electronic components from environmental factors, enhancing durability, and improving resistance to mechanical stress.
- Environmental Protection - Our advanced encapsulation shields your PCB from moisture, dust, and other environmental elements, ensuring optimal performance even in challenging conditions.
- Chemical Resistance - The protective resin provides resistance to chemicals, preventing damage from exposure to corrosive substances and enhancing the longevity of the PCB.
- Vibration and Shock Absorption - Encapsulation acts as a buffer against vibrations and shocks, safeguarding delicate components from the mechanical stress that can occur during the PCB's lifecycle.
- Improved Thermal Performance - Our encapsulation solutions contribute to better thermal management, dissipating heat efficiently and preventing overheating that could compromise the performance of your PCB.
- Enhanced Reliability - By encapsulating your PCB, you enhance its overall reliability, reducing the risk of component failure and ensuring consistent functionality.
Why choose Pulsar Manufacturing?
We understand the critical role that encapsulation plays in the performance and longevity of your PCBs, our team are skilled and knowledgable and able to produce components to the toughest specification. Our strict quality regimes mean that standards like ATEX and UL are consistently met without compromise or question and our encapsulation process ensures that your product meets your innovation requirements, regardless of application conditions.
To find out more, contact one of our friendly team today.